Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Pear Trees


I am thinking about stuff.....nothing terribly important just stuff....

If you had to choice to be totally beautiful but smell like dead fish, what would you chose? Here in Tennessee, we have pear trees everywhere, they are gorgeous! Everytime, we step outside, we are hit in the face or ummm nose, with the smell of dead fish. It is the PEAR TREES! They are beautiful but smell awful and I am allergic. I still like to look at them. Have you ever thought someone or something was so beautiful only to get close to it and realize it/they have issues like everyone else?

The truth is, I didn't know where I was going to go with this but I think I am going to use this to remind myself that no matter how beautiful a person is, they still may have issues, and it is okay because this is what gives us all the opportunity to be real and see the realness behind the beauty... Embrace the beauty of the pear trees, just hold your nose!

God has a sense of humor.

2 comments:

Briana and Bella said...

heeheehee! I love it!

Gloria said...

Love those pear trees too, but you are right...they are stinky! Every rose has its thorn...
Smile today. :)