Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Inspiring Things :)

Things that inspire me and teach me to be thankful and be a better person. Today, I saw movie critic Roger Ebert on Oprah. Since having cancer surgery, he can not eat, drink or talk. He has a computer that talks for him. He sat there on Oprah with his wife, and taught me (once again) to be thankful. He is choosing to be joyful and love life...this is so inspiring to me. I just don't know if I could do it in his situation. He DOES and his wife does too. Right now, I am thanking God for letting me watch Oprah today.
Also, I LOVE the show Undercover Boss. It is where the bosses of huge companies go undercover in the lower level positions and learn how it feels. The employees who put their hearts in those jobs are always so appreciated on this show. I love how the show gives the boss a chance to walk in the shoes of people they would never have met otherwise. Sometimes, they are promoted, sometimes, given scholarships. Most always, it makes me cry.
I just wanted to share these two things with you tonight. :)

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Wow! I didn't know that about Roger Ebert...I remember watching him years ago, guess it's good to be reminded of being thankful for your voice and life too. Thanks for sharing that! :)