Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Today I am


I am saddened by a comment from Emma. Emma said "I need botox on my forehead because it frowns when I move it"....I have never had botox and the fact that my 8 year old thinks it is an option for her disturbs me. I guess it is a sign of the times. I just explained to her that she had no wrinkles on her face and her face is beautiful.

I hope to instill in my girls the fact that beauty shines from the inside. Being real and being open, knowing who you are and what you stand for, these are things that bring beauty. It is sad I have to compete with so many media images of perfect women.

I hope they let God shine through them. They are beautiful and so are YOU!!!


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Have you ever heard the song "More Beautiful You" by Jonny Diaz? This song helps me when I am feeling down about my looks or whatever. You should look it up on youtube, watch a video that has the lyrics or something, and maybe use it to teach your daughter? or let her listen to it and talk with her. It talks about how you can never be more beautiful than you already are, and how you were made to fill God's purpose. It's a great song, and I use it in my life a lot. Maybe it will help Emma, or help you help her... lol. :)

Much love.