Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Hair/listening


After years of having stick straight hair, last year my hair started to curl. It started with one curl and it ended all over my head. They aren't the "little" curls, they are big curls and they have their own mind. My sister said my curls represent the "change" in me. Maybe, but I like the change better than the curls.;)

So, today, I had my hair all straight and I went to the soccer field. It started raining and soon I looked like a wet sheep dog. I decided just to roll with it today. It is not my best look but there is no fighting it today.

I was thinking about fighting curls and it reminded me of fighting life. Sometimes, we need to just sit back and go with the flow. If we are so busy fighting the flow, we will miss the lesson. The lesson is always in the journey. Sometimes, listening is the best thing, just to sit and listen to the "God voice". Listen, learn, and stay on the path.

Good night!!

4 comments:

Christy said...

I am so sick of seeing this POODLE picture. LOL

Anonymous said...

Maybe your hair is curling because it's happy!--Debbie

Anonymous said...

I have curly hair and have learned that I have to roll with it many days. I loved your analogy.
I have also enjoye reading your journey on both blogs. What an adventure, opportunity, and blessing to have help when needed. God is wonderful.

Christy said...

Thank you RWM!!