Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Leslie's Unfollowed Dream


My dream in life was to be an actress. I was pretty good at it, started performing right out of the womb and still haven’t stopped. I took acting classes as a young child, performed in dinner theaters and church, even won first in the state for a dramatic dialogue and went onto nationals to win 4th in the nation. I was headed to fame when I turned 18 and went to college. Then the real world hit, classes, sorority life, boyfriends. No time for Hollywood when the throes of teenage angst are running 55 mph. I don’t regret not pursuing that acting career. It seems like Hollywood is consumed by the dark side, if it isn’t fake its overdosing on botox and cocaine. If it isn’t Agnostic its promoting cult beliefs with lead actors (insert Tom Cruise and Scientology here). I daresay I would enjoy another banter at the stage but trading my 2 children and rowdy husband for cashmere, limousines and Oscar nominations are farfetched and of another time and place.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Hi Ms.Christ, your blog & ur snap is too outstanding and eye catching, truly like it. you must submit your site for free in this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!