Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Friends Dream


This is one of the answers I received about one dream you didn't follow and why...I love Kim! Congratulations on 10 YEARS sober!!!


My greatest dream that I did not pursue was being a professional singer. I know that my lifestyle affected my physical and emotional ability to follow those dreams, but my self-centered fear is what really paralyzed me. No matter how great a performance went, I felt like it must have been dumb luck or just a fluke. I was more terrified of just trying than I was of potential failure. Now that I am growing comfortable in my own skin, I am recently enjoying my gift of song again, but the fear is still deep down inside of me. The greatest difference between me then and me now is that I simply will not allow self-centered fear to rob me of my dreams. I may not become a professional singer, but I will lift my voice in song every month at church. I will enjoy the process of performance whether or not the end product measures up to my own overly critical standards. God has my back today. I am blessed.

No comments: