Thursday, October 23, 2008

Upward


Wow, things are looking up for me.....I am so happy to report. I ALMOST lost it, I almost let depression win. I understand now, I understand depression. I thought I understood before but it is hard to understand until you experience it.

It is like being in a dark tunnel. My friend Debby talked to me last week and said 'Do you want to get better"? and then she asked "will you do anything to get better"? She said "you seem to not want to trust anyone who isn't in the tunnel". That was true. I was having trouble understanding how anyone else could understand. This was adding to the feelings of isolation.

Debby said "do you trust me"? The truth is, I do trust her. She has always been there for me and just because she hasn't had a major depression shouldn't keep me from trusting her.

I wrote about this last week, not real sure I believed any of it would work. Truth is, it didn't work right away. I was sitting here sending my friend Kim emails saying "why am I still so sad if the medication is supposed to work" and she would politely respond saying " you have to give the medication time to work".

Yesterday, I just woke up feeling better. The dark cloud above my head was gone. I noticed it immediately. I just felt hope. It was wonderful to have hope again. I waited until today to write this. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a one day thing. Nope, I still have my hope. I am so thankful!!

I will never forget what depression feels like. I want to help people overcome it. Sometimes we have to rely on the strength and prayers of others because we can't find it ourselves.

Thanks so much Kim, Debby, Shannon, Brenda, Donna, Kadi and everyone who has sent me positive messages and everyone who prayed for me. I will always be here for you all. If anyone needs me please email or call.

I am proof that there is hope. I was at the bottom....and I am climbing up now. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Christy!! I am so happy for you. You sound great. Yaaayy!! Love,charis

Anonymous said...

Keep seekin' sister...you will find God's purpose in all this when you do. He has never left you, not once through all of this, and as you let Him, He will guide you to a greater hope. I know that you know that the Hope is in Him. i love you, deb

Christy said...

Thank you Deb and Charis, I love you both!!

Anonymous said...

That is the best news i herd so far today..... Yaaaaaaaaaaay, you go girl...
What a great thing to read with my morning coffee......
Your the best, i knew you could get through this.....I just knew you could, your character is much to strong to let this take hold of you.... Your a good person and a great mom....your kids will look up to what you overcome and they will hold on to that, for you have showm them strength...
Hats off to you ....
Love,
Shan xo

Christy said...

Thank you Shannon!!! Love, Christy

Anonymous said...

Thats great Christy!! I am really happy for you.

Becky