Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Doctor Visit


I went to the doctor today and found out my thyroid is off so she is adjusting the meds. This should also help me sleep since thyroid issues can cause insomnia.
She gave me a new presecription for antidepressants. All this should help with my depression. Tomorrow is the first day I will be trying the new medications.
I am still feeling down....but hopefully things will get better. I have to get better so I can be a good mother to my girls.
So, I do have hope but right now I still feel like I want to cry and go sit somewhere all alone. I am being very truthful in my writing so maybe someone else won't feel so alone when they go through this.
I feel like I am letting everyone down and somehow I should be stronger. I know if I were talking to someone else I would tell them not to think like that but I am trying find the truth in how I feel. This is how I feel right now.
Tomorrow is a new day........I find much comfort in the colors of the trees, the beauty of the sky, and butterflies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, time will tell if these new meds will help ya out..... until then please allow yourself to accept whats going on and no need to worry your not letting others down.... If anything sharing this is showing people you are and willing to help yourself...while still helping others along the way....
Thats admirable !!!!!!
Shan xo

Anonymous said...

Hopefully these new meds will work out for you. You are a very strong woman and you are definately not letting anyone down.

Love
Becky

Melissa said...

(((HUGS!!!!))) and lots of prayers going up for you for peace and comfort!

Anonymous said...

Ms. C,
I just left a post on your BabySoup blog but thought I'd post one more for good measure. I'd venture to guess there are many women, especially mothers, dealing with the same issues you are...I have a history of mild/moderate depression in my family (the kind that allows you to function--barely, some days--but isn't enough to get you taken away in a straightjacket, although sometimes I wish I would.) My medical/emotional issues are a huge part of why I've chosen not to have children of my own...I could never create a human being who may suffer the way I have at times. Motherhood is not always the rosy, fulfilling experience that society would have us believe--probably b/c future generations have to be born for humanity to continue. ;-) I think you are VERY brave for sharing what you're going through, and only wish more mothers who are dealing with the same issues and feelings would do the public service that you are. The more these matters are discussed out in the open, the less stigmatized they will be, and more sources of treatment will be discovered and made available for women and mothers everywhere. God bless you. oxoxoxopammy