Wednesday, May 21, 2008

a story- written a few months ago

“Good day” said the king, “I have something for you”. “I’m giving you colors purple, yellow and blue”.
”The purple will cover an oversized chair”. I said to the king “Oh, I can’t sit there”. “Don’t be silly”, said king “you’ll fit it just fine, remember the purple has always been mine”.
”With yellow the walls will radiate light”. “oh, king I’m not sure, it may be too bright”. “Don’t be silly my child, this yellow is for you”. “Now quickly lets move on to the blue”.
”The blue is electric it holds you in place, it’s firm and supporting, and it resembles my face”.
With that the king went away in a snap. Once there and now gone, I felt strangely alone.
He left me feeling confused but ALIVE. “what should I do , how can I survive”?
I’ll embrace the colors the king gave me with love and I’ll use them wisely with guidance and help from above.

4 comments:

Reed said...

your words always inspire me, but for some reason, this one struck a chord deep in my heart. This is a beautiful mental picture that you have created. I love the symbolism, and deep meaning.

Christy said...

Thank you Kadi! Love, Christy

Anonymous said...

YES.......ABSOLUTELY LOOOOOOOOVE THIS STORY CHRISTY.....IT REALLY DOES A GREAT JOB OF TELLING YOUR STORY....AND LIKE KADI SAID....IN A VERY VISUAL WAY!!! GOOD JOB BABE!!!
LOVE YA!!!! JENNY ;)

Christy said...

Thank you Jenny Lynn!!!Love ya!!