Saturday, May 10, 2008

For my Mom


You picked me up after I jumped off the front porch with an umbrella trying to be Mary Poppins and almost broke me nose.

You continued to take me fishing even after I threw the whole pole out into the water.

You took me out in public even after I had turned over a few toy racks at the grocery store.

You hung in there with me even though I was so impulsive I scared you to death.

You survived riding in the car with me even though I put numerous comic books over your face while you were driving.

You took me to church even though I sat on the front row with my hands over my ears when the ladies would sing in "churchy" voices.

You actually encouraged me to speak my mind so I would be able to take care of myself. This had to be hard for you.:)

You let me be myself during my high school years and I was sooo proud to have such a sweet mom!!

Now, you are a great Mima and you freely admit I have been paid back for any stress I put you through (with 3 girls).

I love you Clara Mae Richey, mama, and Mima.

No comments: