Monday, June 15, 2009

Remembering



There are some things that stick in my mind, they never leave. People who have touched my life and are now gone.
Have you ever driven by a house that was formerly occupied by someone who was close to you but has died? It is strange. I can still see my Mamaw at her house. She was so attached to her home and I grew up there. Every where I have moved, I have moved her rose bush with me. Just a cutting everytime. I can still feel her around the roses. They are still beautiful.
I have dreams all the time about being at Mamaw's house. I am always so glad to see her there. Sometimes, I am trying to "save" some of her belongings...this is because I don't have much that belonged to her and I wish I had more.
My aunt loved her house. She didn't get out much. She had a long battle with cancer. She died when I was 23. I still feel like part of her is with that house. I am tempted to drive by the old stone house everytime I go back to Nashville.
So many great memories of people and the places they left behind.
In the pic-Mamaw's rose bush.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I know exactly what you mean. Everytime I go over to my parents old house (which my brother lives in now) I can still see certain things that my dad did or corners of the house where he said certain things. Good writing!!
Love Bec