Thursday, June 25, 2009

Farrah and Michael


What a sad day in Hollywood. Two icons gone. Farrah Fawcett totally amazed me with her bravery in her fight with anal cancer. Her documentary of her struggle was amazing and my middle child watched it with me. She learned about real bravery while watching Farrah.

When I was a kid, I loved Charlie's Angels, of course, I wanted to "be" the strong brunette, Sabrina, when all of my friends wanted to be Farrah. :) Farrah was so beautiful, but I found her more beautiful by being open with her fight with cancer in hopes she could help save others lives.

What can we say about Michael Jackson? I have been listening to CNN and I love the stories about him as a kid and teen. He was so sweet before fame put him in a bubble. No matter what anyone believes about his life, we can ALL agree, he was one of the best performers ever and music will NOT be the same without him.

Rest in Peace to two of the icons from my childhood. My prayers are with their families, children and friends.

side note- I am praying MJ's kids will be left alone to grieve in private without the media.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said Christy on all accounts. I feel the same way. They will both be missed dearly. I loved Farrah...and her documentary will forever be etched in my mind. What a powerful fight for life.

I remember how the country used to stand still to see Michael's new release music videos. He was an amazing artist and very generous man.
xoxo,
Wendy

Christy said...

Thanks Wendy...I wish Michael would have been able to hear all of the good things being said about him today.
Love-Christy