Sunday, May 17, 2009

Farrah Fawcett


I have been blown away by Farrah Fawcett. I never thought I would say that. I have never been one to pay any attention at all to female "sex symbols" they always seemed so weak to me to have to use sex to sell when really it is what is inside us that matters, but I realize now I was being judgemental because I have not travelled their personal paths, I will not judge anymore because of one woman....Farrah.

I watched the documentary the other night on Farrah. She allowed a friend to record her journey with having anal cancer. She was so brave to take on this disease and become the face of anal cancer when so many people couldn't even say the words. She was filmed vomiting and weak....she did this to bring awareness for a need for more cancer research and the need to talk about a disease that isn't talked about too much.

I am proud of her. I am praying for her and watching her has changed me for the better! No longer will I judge women for being "sex symbols", it might not be my path but I don't know their hearts, we all have reasons we do what we do. She has proven to be stronger than I could ever be and she has helped millions in the process.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Thank you Dawn!! I appreciate your comments. Wendy mentioned to me that you told her about the painting from my sister. I am so glad you all met. :)
Love-Christy

Anonymous said...

I was catching up here Christy and I see that Dawn posted. How nice. She is an amazing woman...with an amazing family. We had a great time on Wednesday. CJ is unbelievably inspirational.
Farrah's story was extremly moving to me as well.
I think another huge lesson in her story...is that money and fame does not buy you any guarantees of a pain, and sick, free life. No matte how many trips to Germany...the reality is - this desease knows no color, race, fame...nothing. It could care less.
xoxo,
Wendy

Christy said...

thank you Wendy!! I agree with you about Dawn, cj and Farrah. Love-me