Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dreams of Music


I talk about dreams all the time and how we should follow our hearts. I really want this for my kids too.

I have a child who lives to sing. Ellie sings all the time, she has been singing since she could barely talk. At age 2 she amazed everyone at her birthday party by jumping up and singing "Man, I feel like a woman" in the middle of the room.

Now, she wants to sing. She has asked me to find her places to sing. She doesn't care about any of the details...she just wants me to work it out, then take her to the stage to sing. There is no fear there at all. The problem with this is...I have NO idea what to do. I know I was raised in Nashville but I never looked for places to sing. I know that you should never dish out money to a talent agency because they should get paid if the singer gets paid.

I had decided after talking with my friend Kim and some others, that I would wait until she is older because I didn't want her to get her feelings hurt but after watching her sing yesterday with the crappy sound equipment at the elem school, I realized this is her passion. She can be grumpy and then start singing and she will glow. The fact that she has found this at such an early age is a gift and she is great with no fear.

So, here I sit. Wondering what the heck to do. I really think she needs to keep singing. It has been a very difficult year for her and music works better than her adhd meds. I am going to keep encouraging and try to find some places for her to sing even though I am clueless.LOL

No comments: