Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Memories


Hi!!!
On this lovely spring day, I have been thinking about my happy spring memories from childhood. Here are a few.....
My mamaw let me plant my first zinnia in her flower bed. She had such a green thumb and her little white house was always beautifully decorated with flowers...even my Daddy would brag on her for her talent. I miss her.
I remember my mothers pretty sandals, she had all different kinds. She had flip flops and fancy sandals. I would play in them and stand in front of the mirror. :)
Spring clothes were always fun. Much lighter and I hated coats.
Going to the park, Opryland, the amusement park and fun places with Daddy when he picked me up for visitation on Monday nights. I LOVED it. I got to be a princess once a week. :)
I was always terrified of spring storms because of the tornados (without an e on this one Kim) so, Mama would sit on the porch with me and "watch" the storm. This helped me get over most of the fear. I now do this with Emma. She is so scared of the storms.
As I got older, I loved doing the flower bed by our driveway. I did most of it myself. It was great for me because I have always been drawn to color....
My daddy bought a vacation condo on the beach when I was in high school, he would take my friends and I to Florida every spring. It was sooooo fun!!!
These are just some fun memories I have. Would anyone like to share some memories???

No comments: