Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Weed and the Purple Flowers


Sometimes I just see something and think "that is a blog post from God"....so today I was spraying some weeds in the yard. We have a lot of the purple flower we call "thrift". I love it because my sweet Mamaw had it at her house when I was a kid. Today, it was sitting there looking pretty except for this one weed sticking out of the middle of it. It was higher than the thrift so you couldn't miss it.

I think there is a lesson in it for me. Don't let one negative thing, one stressful event or stressful situation, ruin your vision of beauty. Sometimes, I get so overwhelmed by one part of life that I let it block everything else. I am usually reminded as I have been today, that it will pass and I am so blessed.

One weed shouldn't block our view of the purple flowers. We all have weeds to pull so we can see the beauty.


7 comments:

Becky said...

Very well said Christy! That is a lesson for all of us.
Love..Becky

Christy said...

Thank you Becky! Love you!

Debbie said...

So true...and somehow that silly yellow dandelion makes the purple flowers look happier!

Christy said...

Debbie, I always love your comments, they are so happy! Love you!

Jennifer said...

Christy, you are so insightful. You see beauty in everything and find an important lesson in everything. I'm glad that you can so I can learn from you cuz I sure never realize such great life lessons from looking at a weed in a flower patch!!!

Love you!

Christy said...

Don't worry, I wasn't like thi at your age. I was in to trying to save animals when I was your age. God knows how to slow me down with a vision, or a word. Now, I just sit back and watch!

Christy said...

Thanks everyone. Love you all!