Monday, April 5, 2010

The Power of Friendship




Emma was so sad in the hospital. She wanted to be home with her sisters. When they told us she would have to stay one more night, she was so sad, she cried herself to sleep. Then, some friends from soccer came by to see her. This cheered her up. Then, her bestfriend ever, Kayla, came to see her. Kayla's mom let Kayla stay with Emma while they went to their Good Friday service. Emma lit up! She actually smiled and she didn't smile much because of the surgery. Kayla stayed and even offered to spend the night to keep Emma cheerful! Kayla didn't really spend the night but the friendship and the kind thoughts made Emma so happy.


Never underestimate the power of friendship. The power of time. It lifted my sweet childs spirits so much.


The picture is a little blurry because I took it with my cell. There is a before friends pic and an after friends pic...:)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

SEE WHAT I miss when I'm out of touch!!?? Hugs to you all and prayers for a quick recovery!!

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet of Kayla to stop by!! I'm glad that it lifted Emma's spirits!! Praise God for great friends!!

hugs,
Tracy