Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Newspaper


Here is where I find myself today...tired because i have been so busy, sad (for no apparent reason) and on the front of the living section in the Daily News Journal, which is the Murfreesboro newspaper.

So, my first inclination was, I am feeling sad (sometimes, I pick up other's sadness) so I need to write. Then, I remembered, the newpaper just out today. I wanted my blog to be an encouraging place for people who have become numb to life, people who are depressed...I thought I should not write anything but happy thoughts for a few days.

That is so not me. I love to write happy thoughts but only if they are real. I am thankful today, just not overly happy today. So, in order to be real with you friends, I have to admit to feeling a little down and there is not any ONE big issue that is bugging me.

Coming out of depression is a slow process. I am feeling MUCH better but I am a very sensitive person so it has it peaks and valleys with me.

I can't believe I almost fell for the "put on a fake front" thing. Just admitting the truth now. I feel better. LOL, really I do!

If you are a mom or anyone who struggles like I do...I hope you will leave a comment...it is an easier hill to climb once you know others are listening. I am glad God gave me a desire to try to find the real....

6 comments:

Val said...

I find myself seeking your daily blogs as a way to say "its okay to feel frustrated and bummed". Be honest and truthful both to yourself and to others- but mainly to yourself.

Take a deep breath in and relax. Its ok.

Wendy Whitlow said...

Hey Christy,

First off...congratulations on the article written about you and your blog. Remember that your openness and honesty is what got you great recognition...so don't change that...ever! You are making a difference and it is okay to be encouraged by others too. Keep doing what you're doing. YOU ROCK!

Thanks for the laughs tonight! Love ya!
Wendy

Carmen O. said...

thinking of you, chris! xoxo

Christy said...

Thanks, I write them in hopes they will help others, who feel like I am feeling or like I have felt...the comments make my day!!
Love-Christy

Anonymous said...

Christy, I think that you are an amazing lady!! I love your honesty and openness. You have encouage me in so many ways and I thank you for that! As Wendy said "keep doing what you're doing" cause you are doing a great job!!

Congratulations of the article!!!

love ya,
Tracy

gypsy-heart said...

Just keep being true to yourself, Christy. I was recently told by a friend that I am here to "talk" about the "dakness and the light" especially through my art. I think it is the same for you, my dear.

I used to think I did not fit in this world. Now I think this world is exactly where I need to be..by divine design, as are you. :)

Good energies and peace of heart to you,

~gypsy-heart

Ps I changed my links and somehow I lost yours so I'll put you back. Do you still have the blog with the friend? If so, come and leave all your links on gypsy-heart. I'm not posting three times a week as I did, but I am trying to post again. I am not going to allow a burn out this time..my goal may be weekly.
ta, ta for now.