Saturday, January 3, 2009

Understanding Others


I love Facebook. I love talking to people I haven't talked with since 3rd grade and I love sharing pictures with friends I see all the time.

One thing I have noticed is how alike so many of us are. When we go back and share memories from high school or elementary school, we realize we were all so insecure. All the people who seemed to have it all "together", were really scared to death like everyone else.

I have been encouraged by some of my friends ability to share their experiences with depression. The more we talk about it, the more it will help take the "stigma" away from it. So many people have suffered in silence from depression. Now, they are getting brave and speaking.

I didn't know joining Facebook would lead me down this road, but I am glad it did. It is my dream to help people who suffer and to offer encouragement without judgement. I am very blessed to have met others who feel exactly the same way. I think it is the start of a big circle of encouragement.

I am proof there is hope. I get excited everytime I hear another person share their VICTORY over depression.

Remember, no one is perfect, we all have struggles but we can all help each other to move forward!!!

No comments: