Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Friend Elizabeth


I was having a really bad day yesterday. I have been having some problems with Ellie. Out of respect to her, I won't blog about them but it is stressful, anyway.

I went to Cara's conference yesterday afternoon with her kindergarten teacher, her teacher told me again how Cara is perfectly happy in her position in our family and how she looks at her school work like she looks at her family position (the baby). She knows this is just Cara's personality and we can't change it so to overcome it she is going to have to really work hard in the next few months to make it to first grade.

While Mrs. Weaver was talking, I was thinking "I can't take one more thing", and I could feel tears coming up in my eyes. She assured me that there is no reason Cara can't do this if we work at it. Well, I left the school feeling like a complete failure all around.

If you read my blog you know the whole story about my painting and how meeting Jo Frost and being on Supernanny helped me with that....also it gave me the vision of how I wanted to help other women get past self doubt so they can shine and use their own gifts.....

One day I was sharing this story with my friend Elizabeth. She told me she had always wanted to sketch and illustrate but she quit trying because of "not thinking she was good enough". Well, months went by and then a few weeks ago, she told me she had started drawing again.

Last night she decided to show them to me. The are so great!! The really great thing is, she sketched them for other ladies who needed support!! I love these stories.

Sweet Elizabeth, you had no idea what I have been going through, so you had no idea what a blessing you were to me last night. It reminded me to not get so down over everyday struggles to lose sight of the things that are important, like helping people and using our gifts to enocourage. That is what you did for me.....God was using you to remind me of the good things.

Thank you!!

I am posting her beautiful picture. :) The writing on her picture says "out of the shadows, she dances"....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christy, thank you for sharing this. I'm having a really rough day today and reading what you wrote has been an encouragement! I'm so thankful that you have a wonderful friend in Elisabeth and that God brought her to you right when you needed it. Isn't God good!! You are in my thoughts and prayers!! love you!!

Please tell Elisabeth that her picture is so beautiful!!

hugs,
Tracy

Christy said...

Thank you Tracy! Love-Christy

~Jamie~ said...

Christy
wow what an amazing drawing,
what an amazing friend.
Christy you never fail to amaze me, with the way you cear about your family, your friends and so many more people, with the way you shear so much and help so many.
honestly your an amazing person.

xx J

Christy said...

Thank you Jamie, you are sweet!! Love-Christy

Christy said...

Thank you Jamie, you are sweet!! Love-Christy

Christy said...

Thank you Jamie, you are sweet!! Love-Christy

Anonymous said...

Hey there, its so amazing to see how things pull together at such certian times in our lives... In time of distress and need someone comes out with encouraging words or words of wisdom....its just beautiful when you see that happening...
You my dear are in my thoughts and prayers and when u have a chance give me a call...
Shan