Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Telling the Truth


My 7 year old, Cara, came in from playing outside last night, soaking wet. She stood there with a towel around her, looking at me. She said "I want to tell the truth, I sprayed myself (this was after telling Kyle the neighbor kids sprayed her), she said "I want to be honest and tell the truth, I sprayed myself because it looked fun". I looked at her sweet little face and told her it is okay and since she told the truth, she will not be in trouble".

I need the truth. I want to teach my kids that no matter what, the truth is better than a lie. We can work to fix the issue if we know the truth. We can start to help them heal or help them overcome something, but it has to be the truth. I am hoping, well, PRAYING that they know how important it is to be truthful.

As for an adult perspective, until we have the truth, we don't know how to forgive, there is forgiveness in truth.

I hope to always practice truth and forgiveness. It is by God's grace, I have learned this.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

AAAAAAMEN! So very very true!