Saturday, June 12, 2010

me


I haven't been writing much during my recovery from surgery. I have 3 and a half weeks to go until I can even lift a milk carton. This is kinda making me a little down because I like to be the mom and be able to help. I will now have so much more empathy for anyone going through a big surgery. I am thankful about how far I have come and still a little anxious about the next three weeks. I am still having pain from the incision which was rather large but I am off of the narcotic pain pills (thank you God). It is hard feeling dependent on others. Very humbling. With all of that said, I'm thanking God everthing went okay. I just hope I don't have to do it again for a looooonnnnnnggggg time!
oh, the picture is me, finally feeling human again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so thankful for your great outcome Christy. That was a big surgery! Take time with your recovery. Be patient with yourself. These things take time. I will continue to pray for full, quick healing. Sending you love! Judy

Gloria said...

All the prayers for you seem to be working...I will also keep it up and hope you will be back to your cheerful self and enjoy your life again. Let your body decide when it has recovered, be patient with yourself in the meantime. I learned that lesson the hard way and was nearly back in the hospital soon after a big surgery, you don't want to feel that way. Let others help you for now...that is a hard lesson for a mom! Smile today. :)

Jennifer said...

Feeling human again and looking good! Your body knows the best way and time it needs to heal, so just try to enjoy the break! You have the rest of your life to lift milk cartons and be ther mom! Let having people wait on you be a blessing! :)

Love ya!!! Can't wait till you are full force again! Praying for your recovery!