Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rabbits and Faith


I want to write but all of my mixed emotions right now make it difficult for me to find exactly what I want to say.

Today, Dexter (my little man-dog) was outside with my Mom. He was going crazy with his nose to the ground. My mom went to see what was making him freak. There was a hole in the ground, in our back yard right under the kitchen window. My mother stuck her hand in the hole (she is brave, hehe) and felt fur. There were baby rabbits in the hole! We have been keeping Dexter away hoping that the mommy rabbit returns.

As I was sitting her staring out the window trying to think of what I want to write, the mother rabbit appeared right under my window. She went to the hole and sat over it and nursed the baby rabbits. She took care of them for a while and ran away again.

This is a message from God for me, I see how he takes care of me and I have to to trust him like the baby rabbits trust that their mom will feed them. It is all about having faith.

My MRI is tomorrow at 3. The doctor gave me Valium to take 30 min before because it is a closed MRI and I'm not sure if I would freak out or not. Please send up a prayer for me if you think of it.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Prayers are being said!

Love ya...Bec

Debbie Warnock said...

I love your painting with this post! Wasn't it nice of God to let you see the rabbit nest and the mother bunny just when you needed it? Praying for you tomorrow to be calm when you need to be.
Love,
Debbie

Amy said...

Don't be afraid; Only believe!!! I will be praying. ak

Briana and Bella said...

I am thinking of you an awful lot.
It's noisy in there Christy, but that's just noise. It can't hurt you. It will be okay, alright?
Enjoy the valium and when you're in there, do what I used to do to distract myself -- let my mind wander. It's interesting what thoughts you think.
xxxxxx (lots of love and wishes for tomorrow) Annabelle

Melissa said...

Ditto!! Love you, darlin'!!!

Christy said...

Thank you all so much. Love ya'll!