Friday, May 21, 2010

Gratefulness


During the days I waited on tests results and doctor calls, the one thing I realized (well, I realized many things) is what a gift it is to be here with my family. To be ABLE to put hair in pony tales and take kids to school. The mundane things I do everyday are now blessings to me. I am grateful for everything now. I thought I was grateful before but I really didn't totally "get it". It is an honor to be here and each day is a blessing.

I am going to be fine. My surgery to remove the benign tumor is Tuesday. I will be in the hospital a few days but I will be fine. I would not trade this experience because I have learned so much and value everything a little more.

I am thankful for all of my friends too. I have felt your prayers and I have felt your support!

Thank you God for everything!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm in tears.. and so thankful it's benign. Prayers for an uneventful surgery and quick recovery!!

I am grateful to God to have YOU as my friend. Hugs!!!

Christy said...

Thank you Melissa. :) Love you!