Monday, November 9, 2009

Update On My Journey With Depression


Hello!! I wanted to give an update on my fight with depression. I had a rough year with it. I tried several different things. All seemed to work at first and then I would end up depressed again. Then, back in September, I went to the gynecologist. I told her how I was feeling and she did tests on me. She found out my hormones were wayyyyy off. She put me on meds for that. Now, two months later, I am doing so much better!!! I am more even and I just feel positive and back to my self. I am so thankful to my doctor who listened and tried to find out what was going on with me. I am happy and my kids can tell a big difference in my energy. I just want to encourage everyone to keep seeking opinions until you find out what is wrong. Depression does exist and it is a medical condition but also sometimes, other medical factors (esp. in women who have had kids) can be there too. I am amazed at the difference in my health. Everyone be your own advocate and pls never be embarrassed to share details about how you are feeling with your doctor.

5 comments:

Tiff said...

WooHoo! I'm so glad you are feeling better and have more energy. You are an inspiration to many! Love you!

Christy said...

Thank you Sweet Tiff!!! Love you!

Becky said...

Yayyy Christy!! I'm so happy your feeling a lot better. Sometimes you have to get the right doctor too, cause there are one's who don't take the time to listen to ya.
Love ya...

Carmen O. said...

good to hear, christy!

Anonymous said...

Christy I'm so happy for you and glad that you are feeling better. I'm so thankful that your doctor listened to you. Thanks for sharing!
love,
Tracy