Monday, September 29, 2008

Depression Chronicles

Well, so many people have emailed, called me, texted me, posted on joFrost.com for me and posted here about depression, I feel like I will try to explain how I am feeling right now. Not great....I am so very thankful to everyone and I love you all sooo much. I am so happy to be able to help people understand depression and I know I will be cured from it.
Nothing has happened to make me sad. I still enjoy talking to people and love friends. I had lots of phone calls today and I cheer up when I talk to people and I listen to everything (trust me, if I talked to you today, I listened)....
I guess what I am trying to say is, the minute I am alone, it all comes back. The sadness, the tears that seem to stay in my eyes all the time now. It is all still there.
I have great hope for Thursday when I see the doctor. I know my thyroid is messed up and that alone can add to depression. I will be sure and keep everyone informed. It is important for me to deal with the medical part of this first.
Nothing will steal my hope. Even if I feel hopeless, I know it will pass. There is always hope.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christy, thank you for sharing all this. I appreciate your openness and honesty. I pray that all will go well at the doctors on Thursday. I totally understand about the thyroid. I have been dealing with my thyroid for over 12 years. I know the ups and downs that can come with it being out of wack. You are right it is important to deal with the medical part first. Glad to hear that nothing will steel you of your hope. I love that outlook. Cause it is so true. My prayer is that God will continue to give what you need and know that He is right there with you.

love ya,
Tracy

Christy said...

Thank you Tracy! Love, Christy

Melissa said...

Big hugs and prayers from Colorado!! We are all here for you .. please don't ever feel alone.

Love,
Melissa