Sunday, April 24, 2011

Simon Peter Song

This is a song by Don Potter. Kyle sung it at our old church one year.
Many people have asked me about it. Here are the words.

I was the first disciple so I guess I knew him the best
I had more time to be with him much more than all the rest
I even tried to walk on water then I started down
till he said “oh you of little faith why did you doubt”?
My name is Simon Peter
A name I tried to hide
I just denied my closest friend and now he’s crucified
My name is Simon Peter and I’ll shout it to the sky
and I’ll regret the words I said until the day I die
He walked along so gently with great peace in his eyes
When he asked me to follow him my heart could not deny
his words fill my life with joy
I know he’s the son of man
but when it came time to stand and fight
I turned around and ran
My name is Simon Peter
a name I tried to hide
I’ve just denied my closest friend and now he’s crucified
My name is Simon Peter and I’ll shout it to the sky
I’ll regret the words I said until the day I die
Darkness turns to dawn again
I see people in the street
someone shouts “the tomb is empty”
Can it be the king still lives
Is it possible that he came back and rose from the dead
”I’ll arise on the third day” I REMEMBER WHAT HE SAID
OH MY NAME IS SIMON PETER
A NAME I’LL NEVER HIDE
AND I’LL NEVER DENY MY KING AGAIN AS HE SITS IN GRACE ON HIGH
MY NAME IS SIMON PETER AND I’LL SHOUT IT TO THE SKY
AND I’LL PREACH THE WORD OF THE LIVING GOD UNTIL THE DAY I DIE
the message this song offers is one of a loving God that loves us and can use us even after our mistakes… AMEN

No comments: