Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Living Without Labels


Life is such a learning experience. I'm so glad God is so gentle in teaching me.

All of my life I have gone through life like a bull in a china store. I was labeled that way as a kid, adhd, headstrong. My zodiac sign is the ram so I just figured I was destined to be this way. There are several issues with this because when you ram your head into everything head first, sometimes, your head gets stuck in the drywall. For years, I have thought this is just who I am and I am totally NOT able to change it. So, I put up prison walls around myself with this issue. I convinced myself that I am impulsive, headstrong, unorganized, flaky....but the good qualities, artistic, visionary, empathetic, intuitive, funny...were good enough to balance out the other ones.

FINALLY, after years of thinking this way, I am free of the label. There is no reason why I have to live with bars....I can learn to stop and think, I can learn to not go headfirst into a wall without thinking, I can learn to keep my mouth shut until I have thought about my answer. I CAN do these things. There is no bar that says "christy has to be impulsive and unorganized".

There is are no more prison bars around my brain. I am FREE. Thank you God!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You are AWESOME!!! :)

Christy said...

So are YOU Melissa!!xo

Unknown said...

Christy I feel like you just summed me up. I need to know how to break free of my bars and learn how to shut my mouth. . .