Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dreams


I am pretty sure I have written about my recurring dream. I'm about to do it again because I have this dream about once a week and I just don't get it. I mean, I understand the dream but I don't see why I have to dream it so often.

My Mamaw (my dad's mom) went into the nursing home when I was in high school. When she went in, I was 16 and didn't ask to take anything from her house because I didn't understand how much I would miss her.

Now, that I am a mom and I can look back and see what an amazing Mamaw she was to me, I so wish I had more of her things. I have one table and her bible. They mean the world to me and I have some pictures.

In my dream, I am always going back to Mamaw's house and looking for keepsakes, just anything from when I was a kid. Sometimes, I even find Mamaw (she passed away years ago) and I am so happy to see she is alive. The most common dream is the one where I am begging the new owners of her house to let me dig through the closets to see if she left anything from my childhood. It is a sad dream because I rarely find what I am looking for and I miss her more after being in her house.

Any dream interpreters or friends want to try to interpret this one? This has been going on for years.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Christy, Maybe you should actually do this - ask the new owners if they have found anything, or if you can poke around in dark places. Maybe you'll only know what it means if you try to carry it out.

Christy said...

Carmen, I looked on Google map and it was GONE..torn down. How sad. Maybe I will paint it soon.
Love ya!