Sunday, September 13, 2009

My First Painting

This was my first "real" painting. I painted it for someone who has very cool personal colors...it is funny, I really thought I wouldn't get past doing "aura" paintings. I see the colors in my my mind and with my eyes so I thought it would be a nice gift for those who understand me and I wouldn't have to really grow the talent.
My friend actually liked my little painting (years of lousy self esteem, so I thought she wouldn't like it) and shared it with others. My little seed of confidence began to grow just enough for me to start this blog and for me to keep painting. Then, I got the courage to try a few new things....once they turned out okay, the fear started to leave. Now, I am not scared to try new things even if I don't think I am good enough, I will try. :)
It only takes one person to plant the seed of creativity in someone else and then they can plant it in someone else too.
Please encourage someone to be creative today!!

1 comment:

Wendy Whitlow said...

I love this. It would look good on one of those cards...Hmmmmm Very nice!
xoxo,
Wendy