Monday, June 30, 2008

sponge people

It is not always easy being a sponge person.

I can walk anywhere where there are people

and pick up every single emotion.

When I had grown numb to life this had stopped (or I couldn't feel it).

When Jo helped me "wake Up" it brought the sponge thing back.

It freaked me out at first. I was totally getting sick being in large groups of people.

It was like sponge person over load. LOL.

I have had to retrain myself to accept the feelings of people but to not "wear" it (as Debby says).

Now, I see it as a gift. It is a gift of empathy. If I feel it is getting to me, I have to take a step back.

It is okay to feel everything. It is such a gift to be able to understand others.

Everything requires balance, but balance is good.

Thanks for reading!!!!!!
Any other sponge people out there?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

God has given us all certain gifts and unfortunately we don't always see them as gifts but when we use them for His glory He blesses us far beyond our comprehension. So glad you are recieving your gift! Sorry i missed you yesterday. Love,charis

Anonymous said...

Glad you opened up you doors to your gift, why not !!!! You have it, no matter what, so use it. But like you said balance it and not wear it.
I have something wrong with me, lol, not sure if you would call it a sponge or over sensative, lol.....
Have a great day,

shan

Reed said...

You certainly bless my life with your gift! Thanks for being brave enough to be you and not try to stifle it.

Christy said...

Charis, I saw you at Debby's yesterday, you were just on the other side of the pool. ;)
Kadi, thank you! I know you are gload I finally got a grip on this.
Shan, there is nothing WRONG with you! You are too funny!
Love,
Christy

Anonymous said...

Well again, thank you for you kind words !!!! I feel like i can tell you things i dont talk about and i thank you for that.

Shan

Christy said...

You are welcome Shannon!
Love,
Christy

Anonymous said...

one more thing i want to add and that is your wonderful gift of listening ears and helping people open up and letting them feel free to talk about things that are left unsaid. I have never in all my life opened up to someone like i have with you. Its real strange for me to do soooooo and you leave me feeling human no matter what i may say.
Thank you, you are wonderfull !!!!
Love,
Shan

Anonymous said...

Yes, there are other sponge people out here, Christy. :)

Are you surprised..that we also have that connection?

Someday I'll tell you a story about me and the energies of others.

I caught up on posts. Enjoyed each one..the words and the art work from you and your girls!

Good and creative energies to you!

~gypsy-heart

Christy said...

Hey Gypsy!
No, that doesn't surprise me about you. I had already figured that out about you. ;)
I would love to hear your story!!
Thank you!
Love,
Christy